Congratulations on your new bundle of joy! Being a new parent can be overwhelming, especially when it comes to finding the best baby products. When it comes to their sensitive skin, knowing what the best natural baby laundry detergent is critical.
I think we can all agree that babies create a ton of laundry. Between spit-ups, blowouts, and drool, it is no surprise when you go through multiple outfits a day. Using a natural laundry detergent specifically for babies is sure to integrate easily into your laundry routine.
Why Do Babies Need Special Laundry Detergent?
When your baby is born, their skin is extremely thin. Their thin skin is easy to irritate and very sensitive.
Laundry detergent made for babies includes no or little fragrance. This makes it easier on your baby’s already sensitive skin.
Can You Wash Cloth Diapers with Your Normal Baby Laundry?
If you are cloth diapering your newborn, this creates an even bigger mountain of laundry for you.
While you can sometimes get away with washing your baby’s clothes in regular laundry detergent, you want to be sure to wash your cloth diapers in the best natural baby laundry detergent. Why?
The harsh chemicals and fragrances in regular laundry detergent can give your baby diaper rash. No one wants that, right?
What We Were Looking For
On our hunt for the best natural baby laundry detergent, there were a few key things we were looking for.
We wanted to make sure these laundry detergents were dye-free. Dyes can be irritating to your skin, as well. I personally have to make sure to use dye-free laundry detergent as the coloring irritates my skin. I know how annoying it is as an adult to have irritated skin, I can’t imagine what it would be like for a newborn.
What these laundry detergents were made out of was also essential to us. We wanted to make sure to provide you with only products made of the best ingredients.
The 8 Best Natural Baby Laundry Detergent
Now that we’ve covered the basics as to why your baby needs special laundry detergent in the first place, let us dive right into the best natural baby laundry detergents out there.
We know that your baby’s clothes are in good hands if you use any of the products we feature here.
1. Grab Green Natural Baby Laundry Detergent
- Contains 2, 30-Load Bags of Grab Green Natural Newborn Baby Laundry Detergent Pods.
- NATURALLY EFFECTIVE: Specifically formulated to remove newborn baby stains: formula, breast milk, spit-up and diaper...
- NO HARSH CHEMICALS: Made without sulfates, parabens, phthalates, dyes or optical brighteners. Powder pods are the safer...
First up, we have the Grab Green Natural Baby Laundry Detergent. This product quickly made our list with their convenient Velcro bag.
These pods have a coating of Bitrex. What is Bitrex, you ask? It is the most bitter-tasting substance known to the world. This would help ensure your baby and pet’s safety if they were to try and put a pod in their mouths.
Grab Green formulated these powder pods to get out all of the formula, spit-up, breast milk, and blowouts you can imagine.
They are even gentle enough to use on your cloth diapers.
Made with essential oils, many consumers rave about how great their baby’s clothes smell after washing them in this detergent!
If you own a high-efficiency washer, don’t fret. These pods are rated for all of your HE needs.
2. Puracy Natural Baby Laundry Detergent
- Clean clothes, less waste: you can now have clean laundry and reduce Waste (less plastic, water, and energy; accurate...
- Created by doctors: for sensitive skin & Allergy sufferers. No sulfates (SLS, SLES, SCS), bleach, or toxic chemicals
- Safe & Effective plant-powered formula: Use on delicate & Dark clothing, microfiber towels, cloth diapers, septic &...
Created by doctors, Puracy Natural Baby Laundry Detergent comes in a convenient pump bottle. With its super-concentrated formula, you can get 96 loads of laundry done with just a 24-ounce bottle. That’s a lot of laundry!
With their scent-free and dye-free formula, you won’t have to worry about irritating your little one’s sensitive skin.
Another great thing about this company is that with every purchase, they make a donation to a family in need. Even the artwork on the bottles supports local artists. How cool is that? You can feel great about purchasing this product not only because it is excellent for your baby, but because of all the great things your purchase goes towards.
This product for Puracy is also rated for use in your high-efficiency washer.
3. Biokleen Laundry Detergent
- Cleans tough stains and odors and leaves no residue or harsh scent
- 32 ounce bottle is truly 3x concentrated and equal to 64 HE Loads/32 Standard Loads
- Eco-Friendly, Non-Toxic, Plant-Based, No Artificial Fragrance, Colors or Preservatives
When it comes to being eco-friendly, this Biokleen Laundry Detergent may be the winner on our list of the best natural baby laundry detergent.
Packaged in recycled cardboard and newspaper, this packaging contains 70 percent less plastic than traditional laundry detergent bottles. Biokleen also says that this laundry detergent does not have any adverse effects on rivers or streams.
Like the Puracy laundry detergent we have already talked about, this product is highly concentrated as well. A 32-ounce bottle will help you accomplish 64 loads of laundry! Don’t worry; this detergent is great for use in your high-efficiency washing machine!
While consumers love this product for its cleaning abilities, a lot of people hate having the cardboard and newspaper packaging. Why? It tends to leak when during shipping.
4. Babyganics 3x Baby Laundry Detergent
- Formulated without: optical brighteners, 1,4 dioxane, chlorine, phthalates, phosphates, sulfates, fragrances or dyes
- Formulated with: Plant derived ingredients
- Triple concentrated detergent, HE compatible
When it comes to baby products, Babyganics is a brand we all know and love. That is why we couldn’t pass it up on our list of the best natural baby laundry detergent.
Formulated with plant-based ingredients, you can count on the Babyganics liquid laundry detergent to be free of phosphates, chlorine, fragrance, and dyes. This product was designed with the sensitive skin of your baby in mind.
If you are looking for something with a light scent, they do offer a lavender-scented version of this fantastic laundry detergent, as well.
5. Meyers Baby Blossom Laundry Detergent
- Concentrated detergent formula is effective yet gentle on clothes
- Contains plant-derived cleaning ingredients with dirt and stain-fighting enzymes
- 64 loads of laundry per bottle
Mrs. Meyers is a brand that is well known for its plant-based cleaning products. Their baby blossom laundry detergent is no different.
With its light wildflower, apple, and mint scent, this plant-based laundry detergent is sure to not only get your baby’s laundry clean but keep it smelling amazing as well.
Each 64-ounce bottle will get you through 64 loads of laundry, and it is compatible with your HE washing machine.
While this laundry detergent is great, the folks from Mrs. Meyers do not recommend washing your baby’s sleepwear in this detergent. This is due to the laundry detergent potentially stripping the fire-retardant properties that are in your baby’s nightclothes.
6. Baby Forever New Laundry Detergent
- ALL-NATURAL CLEAN – Forever New biodegradable powder detergent has a natural base of multiple sodas and citrus,...
- NO RESIDUE AFTERWARDS – The concentrated blend removes stains and soils while rinsing completely free from fabric,...
- SAFE & ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY – Forever New products have no bleach, brighteners, dyes, phosphates, lanolin, or...
Made with sodas and citrus, this great laundry detergent from Forever New quickly made our list of best natural baby laundry detergent.
Not only does this get your garments nice and clean, but it also doesn’t leave any residue. Because of this, it can help extend the life of your clothes.
Baby Forever New is made with organic ingredients and contains no bleach, coloring, or dyes, making it easy on your baby’s skin.
With its powder formula, you can use it in your high-efficiency washing machine or use it to hand wash your delicate clothing items.
7. Seventh Generation Baby Laundry Detergent
- Seventh Generation Baby Concentrated Natural Laundry Detergent fights tough baby stains like milk, fruit purees, and...
- Baby detergent free of synthetic fragrances, dyes, and artificial brighteners
- EPA Safer Choice Certified Product designed with safety in mind, our laundry detergent uses safer chemical ingredients,...
With its ingredients explicitly formulated for any mess that your baby can create, the baby laundry detergent made by Seventh Generation is sure to make doing your laundry a breeze. It is excellent to use on your cloth diapers.
Using a triple enzyme formula, each 40-ounce bottle of detergent will conquer 53 loads of your sweetie pie’s laundry.
8. Rebel Green Natural Baby Laundry Detergent
- USDA CERTIFIED ORGANIC laundry detergent liquid designed specifically for your babies sensitive skin - made with pure,...
- PLANT BASED FORMULA is 3x concentrated, and biodegradable - lightening your impact on the environment and giving you an...
- HYPOALLERGENIC AND GENTLE ON SENSITIVE SKIN perfect for babies and infants with skin allergies that become agitated when...
Rounding out our list of the best natural baby laundry detergent is this excellent product by Rebel Green. With its light chamomile and orange blossom scent, you are not going to want to stop smelling your baby.
Certified as organic by the USDA, this laundry detergent is made with high-quality ingredients that are easy on your baby’s skin.
Another great thing about Rebel Green is that they donate a portion of their sales to clean water, clean air, and clean energy initiatives. So, not only is this product great for your baby, but great for charity as well.
Time to Climb That Laundry Mountain
Now that you know where to find the best natural baby laundry detergent, it is time to tackle that mountain of baby laundry. We know it is an uphill battle. Most days, you just don’t feel like you are ever going to see an empty laundry basket.
Whichever of these products you choose, we know that you will never have to worry about irritating the sensitive skin of your new bundle of joy. These products will also work great if you are not a newborn and have sensitive skin like me.
Do you have any tips for keeping on top of your laundry pile? Let us know in the comments below!
Featured image source: amazon