Like the peach, apple can be mixed with a wide number of different ingredients to leave your baby with a meal that can only be called delicious.
The versatility of apple means that it can easily be steamed, baked or boiled and still keep its sweet flavor.Preparing your apple for baby food
Many apple baby food recipes will require you to remove the apples skin and core. How you do this all comes down to personal preference.
Some people like myself use a vegetable peeler. Others use a paring knife. There is no wrong way to do it and it is best to stick to a method that works for you.
- Cut apples into quarters.
- using a vegetable peeler, peel a single strip horizontally across the top the quarter.
- Then proceed to peel vertically down the apple quarter.
- peel one last strip horizontally across the bottom of the quarter to remove any small pieces of skin left.
- Repeat for each quarter.
If your baby absolutely loves apples or if apples form a huge part of your families diet, why not consider getting a purpose made apple peeling tool. The tool cores and peels apples in no time at all. Brilliant for those recipes that use a whole bag of apples.
Apple PeelerStyle: As Pictured.
– Stainless steel blades.
– 5 year warranty.
– Also peels potatoes. Check it out
With apple preparation out of the way its time to take a look at some apple baby food recipes you can try your hand at. Simply click on an image below to be taken to apple recipes.