Finding alarm clocks for kids can mean finding a simple alarm clock intended for adults that a child older than six years old can use. Kid-specific alarm clocks can offer more features suitable for youngsters that a regular alarm clock meant for adults may lack
Alarm clocks for kids frequently come with features like night lights, larger buttons, and methods for teaching your child how to tell time. Some clocks even feature a light that lets your toddler know when it’s ok to get out of bed.
Many clocks designed for kids also lack numbers on the display and instead give your child an indication of whether it is time to wake up, time to play, or time to go to bed. These visual cues can help your child develop a better sleep pattern that allows them to sleep longer and on a more agreeable schedule.
How We Chose Our Ratings
Accuracy and honesty in our ratings is important to us, and that’s why we searched multiple sites to find the most highly recommended alarm clocks for kids. Clocks suitable for children younger than six come in a variety of different shapes, and some of them have added uses like speakers, night lights, and a radio.
We’ve reviewed a number of different products recommended by hundreds of parents to find the best alarm clocks for our list, and our ratings also take into account the reputation of the brand and customer service provided by the company.
Top 8 Best Alarm Clocks for Kids
If your child has a somewhat irregular sleeping schedule or you’d like them to sleep in a little longer, you can use a children’s alarm clock to help gently “train” them to reach a specific goal. Most young children are excited to start their day, and having an alarm clock that can tell them:
- When to get up
- When it’s almost bedtime
- Time to play quietly and not leave their room
- Approximately what part of the day it is (morning, afternoon, almost night)
Having a clock that can help your child determine what activity is suitable for the current time can also make them more independent, and allow you some much needed time to sleep or free time to do with as you please.
Children don’t develop a reasonable concept of time until they are around 6 to 8 years in age, which means a clock suitable for a younger child may get years of use before you upgrade your little one to a regular clock.
Roll over image to zoom in LittleHippo Mella Ready to Rise Children’s Trainer
- ☆ PATENTED, BEAUTIFUL DESIGN - A runaway crowdfunding success, MELLA has been featured in publications such as...
- ☆ KEEP YOUR KID IN BED LONGER AND GET MORE SLEEP - MELLA uses colors and facial expressions to teach your kids when...
- ☆ ALL-IN-ONE SLEEP GADGET GROWS WITH YOUR CHILD - MELLA also features three sleep sound options and five night light...
The clock by Little Hippo comes in four different colors and features different facial expressions on the display to help your child determine if it’s time to go to bed or time to get out of bed. This clock features a round orb-like design that resembles a cute little creature.
This clock has the option of using sounds or being silent, and the night light features five different colors. This clock is made from child-safe plastic and silicone that can easily be cleaned and is both CPSIA and REACH certified.
Older children can appreciate the countdown feature that this clock has, and choose from the various alarm sounds programmed on this device. This clock comes with a one-year warranty and a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
Clic Time Lego Star Wars 9002113 Darth Vader Kids Minifigure Light Up Alarm Clock
- Iconic LEGO Star Wars Darth Vader minifigure alarm clock. Digital LCD.
- 9.5 inches tall. Moveable arms and legs.
- Alarm and snooze functions. Light up display.
If your child is into Star Wars, then this clock may be a great option at a compact 9.5 inches tall. The lighted display is an LCD, and this figure comes with arms and legs that can be moved to pose in different positions.
This clock is battery powered and will need two AAA batteries. This device is for children who are six years old and older and features an alarm that also has a snooze function. If your child is younger than six, this may not be a good option as your child may need more visual cues.
Big Red Rooster BRRC105 Sleep Training Alarm Clock for Kids
- Red and Green Ball Trains Children to Stay in Bed Longer and Establishes Consistent Sleep Patterns - When it’s time...
- Two Alarms & Nap Timer - The Big Red Rooster Alarm Clock for kids is perfect for any weekend or weekday morning wake up...
- Hidden Parent Compartment - Children cannot change the settings or turn the alarm off early. Instructions printed inside...
This clock is shaped like a happy and adorable puppy holding a ball and comes with a modest-sized LCD. The ball that the puppy is holding lights up red when the child should be sleeping and green when it’s ok to get up for the day.
The glowing red ball at night makes an ideal night light, and this clock can be used both as a weekday alarm, weekend alarm, and nap time alarm. There is a compartment on the back that has instructions for the parent that is setting the times for each activity.
This clock is powered using an AC adaptor but also has a space for three AA batteries.
LEGO 9003530 Star Wars Boba Fett Minifigure Light Up Alarm Clock
- Iconic LEGO Star Wars Boba Fett minifigure alarm clock. Digital LCD.
- 9.5 inches tall. Moveable arms and legs.
- Alarm and snooze functions. Light up display.
The Boba Fett alarm clock is great for that young Star Wars fan in your life and features a digital LCD. The arm and legs on this clock can be moved and posed in different positions, and it has a total height of 9.5 inches.
This clock has both an alarm and snooze functions but doesn’t have the indicator lights that children younger than six may need. This clock runs on two AAA batteries and comes with a 2-year warranty.
Easy to Set, Plumeet Large Digital LCD Travel Alarm Clock
- Kids Alarm Clock: Easy setting, LCD large number display for easy to read, soft backlight keep your sleep and lasts 6...
- Extremely Easy Setting -- Intuitive control indicate a very simple to set even without instructions. Snooze button is...
- Ascending Alarm -- Alarm goes off with a gradual crescendo beep for 60 seconds. press "SNOOZE" button, alarm temporarily...
The Plumeet alarm clock is on the smaller side and best suited for children over the age of six. The LCD screen will light up for about 5 seconds at a time and features a soft light that is less harsh than some of the competitors.
If your child fails to wake up, this alarm will occasionally beep to continue prompting them awake. This feature is particularly helpful for those who are prone to sleeping through alarms on other clocks
This clock uses three AAA batteries and has a simple rounded design. The snooze lasts for eight minutes, and there are also buttons for setting the hour and minutes. This clock comes in pink, black and white, and is lightweight enough to take along when traveling.
Mirari Teach Me Time! Talking Alarm Clock & Night-Light
- Adorable child's bedside alarm clock, time-teaching educational game, and dual-color nightlight all in one; includes...
- OK to Wake! night-light is a soft yellow in the evening, and turns green in the morning (parent programmable) so...
- As children grow, they can play with the interactive talking time-teaching game that has five adjustable skill levels...
The Mirari Teach Me Time! Clock helps to teach your child time when they are old enough to learn. Before they are old enough, the dual color nightlight can help your child understand when it’s time to get up and when it’s time to go to sleep.
The clock uses an interactive game to teach your child how to tell time, and there are also color rings that you can swap out as needed for a different look. The display is large and shows both the numerical time and the time using hands on a conventional clock.
This clock also has a snooze function and is powered using a USB cord or two AA batteries. A wall adaptor for the USB is not included, but any generic USB adaptor will work. This clock is easy to program as a parent and turns to yellow when it’s bedtime and green when it’s time to get up.
Sony ICFC1WHITE ICFC1 Alarm Clock Radio, White
- Wake to radio, buzzer, or gradual wake alarm
- FM/AM radio
- Adjustable brightness control
The Sony alarm clock radio is an excellent choice for older kids looking for their first real adult alarm clock. This clock has a face with adjustable brightness, a battery, and the ability to be powered from the wall outlet.
You can decide if you want to wake up to the radio, a beep, or a more gradual alarm, and there is also a functional AM/FM radio. This clock comes in both black and white and the clean cube design fits nicely with many different styles of decor. This clock also has a backup battery, so you don’t have to reset all of the functions if the power goes out.
Alarm Clock, ICODE Sports Multi-function Bluetooth Speaker 4.0 with Touch Sensor Bedside Lamp
- 【SLEEP TRAINING CLOCK】 Younger children can not fully understand the concept of time,we design this clock to teach...
- 【HOW IT WORKS 】At a young age, toddlers know the icons and understand that the sun means it's time to get up or get...
- 【 TOUCH SENSITIVE NIGHT LIGHT】Benefit sleep timer function lets you fall sleep with night light for a certain time...
The ICODE sports alarm clock features an MP3 player and light that comes in four different colors. There is also a built-in Bluetooth speaker, a microphone for hands-free calls, and a touch-sensitive lamp.
The LED display is easy to read, and the top of this clock features buttons for controlling music. The back has ports for a micro SD card, USB, and auxiliary components.
Finding the right alarm clock will depend mainly on your child’s age, and what functions you need in the alarm clock. Younger children can benefit from clocks that using lights to tell them what activity is appropriate while older kids will want the opportunity to learn to tell time.
You could buy your child a standard alarm clock with limited features, but the ones designed for kids are often more interesting for children as young as 2-3 years old. If your child is a heavy sleeper, there are specific alarm clocks geared toward this need.
It may be best to allow your child some input as you decide on a clock, and fun designs can make the clock more exciting to the child.
Last update on 2022-05-28 at 00:09 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API