When it comes to welcoming a new member to the family, there is a lot to keep track of, even before they arrive. Finding the best pack n play with a bassinet should be at the top of your to-do list.
Think about it; your baby isn’t going to be able to spend much time in their bassinet. They will grow out of it in a few short months, and many parents are wondering whether there’s even a point to buying one.
However, your kids will be able to use their crib and a pack n play for a long time. In other words, if you’re on a tight budget or don’t have a lot of space, you might not want a bassinet in addition to everything else.
Finding the best pack n play with a bassinet is going to give you a chance to use it on-the-go. So no matter why you’re looking for this particular product, you deserve all the top options.
What to Look for in a Pack n Play
When it comes to purchasing any baby products, you have to consider what you’re looking for personally. Every company is going to try to make you think that you need what they’re selling, but you need to judge that for yourself.
Pack n plays need to be portable and durable. At least, those are the basic guidelines.
They’re created to be a portable crib and playpen, so they need to hold up to the job at hand.
In many cases, pack n plays have additional features, such as diaper changing stations, nappers, full-size bassinets, and organizers. They may even include music, nightlights, vibration settings, or mobiles.
You should focus on the primary purpose of the pack n play, which is for napping and safe playtime. It’s going to come in handy for those purposes for a long time. They will grow out of most of the other features quickly, but they are convenient for a short period.
How we reviewed the best pack n play with a bassinet
When it comes to finding the best pack n play with a bassinet, we want to cover all our bases. Therefore, we sorted through professional recommendations and customer reviews.
Our primary focus is going to be on the durability and portability of these pack n plays. We will also cover all the bonus features for each product. You can determine whether you need those additional features.
With all of this in mind, we will also be giving you the pros and cons of each item. That should help sum up the best and worst aspect of each.
The 8 Best Pack N Play with a Bassinet
Every pack n play is going to have similar features because they’re created for the same purpose. However, we still want to give you a line up of the best options on the market. There is a huge difference between great pack n plays and mediocre ones.
You’re going to have to determine for yourself which one is suitable for your bundle of joy. We’re only here to give you a fantastic selection.
1. Baby Trend Nursery Center
- Removeable full size bassinet
- handy Diaper stacker and mobile
- One hand locking mechanism
The Baby Trend Nursery Center is one of the more basic options on the list. Because of that fact, some argue that it is one of the best pack n plays with a bassinet.
The Baby Trend Nursery Center has an adjustable bassinet, plush toy mobile, and an organizer for all your essentials. It also comes in several different color schemes, and it has an uncomplicated design. That might not seem like much, but for most parents, it’s more than enough.
It’s usually manageable for one person to set up and collapse on their own. Plus, the wheels make it easy to move around your home. It’s a fantastic option for traveling because it has such a straightforward design without all the bells and whistles.
- Simple design
- Removable and adjustable bassinet
- Cute toy mobile
- Can be difficult for some to collapse
- Thin padding can be uncomfortable
2. Graco Pack ‘n Play On the Go Playard
No products found.
The Graco Pack ‘n Play On the Go Playard is another simple option to consider. It has a full-size adjustable bassinet, which can also be used as a changing station.
The walls are made for extreme ventilation, and the fabric can be wiped clean when things get a little messy.
It comes with a travel bag, there are several different color options, and it has a toy bar. The overall construction is very basic and straight to the point. That makes it an excellent choice when you’re traveling or want to keep a pack n play in the car.
If you want to have extra space where your little one can take a nap safely, this is also an excellent choice. It has wheels for mobility, and it’s reasonably compact as it is, which is helpful when you don’t have much space.
- Compact design
- Great for traveling
- Full-size removable bassinet
- The mattress is hard and uncomfortable
- The mattress also isn’t very durable
No products found.
3. Baby Trend Lil Snooze Deluxe 2 Nursery Center
- Removable full-size bassinet
- Flip away changing table with storage pocket
- Removable napper with canopy and 2 toys
The Baby Trend Lil Snooze Deluxe 2 Nursery Center is another fabulous option. If you are interested in something with a few extra features, this one won’t take things over the top.
It has a full-size adjustable bassinet, a napper with a canopy, two toys, and a flip away changing table.
Plus, it has a handy little storage pocket to keep the essentials close at hand. That’s always a good idea when diaper blowouts are imminent with newborns. It also has large locking wheels for moving around your house.
Best of all, it has a one-hand locking mechanism that is easy to use when you’re setting up by yourself. It also comes with a convenient travel bag, so you can bring it with you wherever you go.
- Included a napper with a canopy
- The small storage pocket is simple and not too bulky
- Easy to assemble and collapse
- Some parents didn’t feel safe using the changing table
- Difficult to clean
4. Ingenuity Smart and Simple Packable Portable Playard
- Keeps baby safe from playtime to naptime. The maximum weight recommendation is 30 pounds and the minimum weight...
- Portable playard with bassinet and changing table
- Bring wherever you go foldable and on wheels
The Ingenuity Smart and Simple Portable Playard is another excellent choice. It comes in many different color schemes, it’s easy to wash and has machine-washable zip-off panels.
This pack n play has a removable bassinet, napper, and changing table. It’s easy to move, has breathable fabrics and side storage pockets.
If you’re looking for a safe place for your babies to take a nap where you can see them, this is perfect.
Fortunately, the napper is made of breathable mesh. But it isn’t something that all the parents were entirely comfortable using because it seemed closed in.
However, if you have the same concerns, the full-size bassinet is included and makes a beautiful alternative. Most parents prefer the full-size option because it’s not as close quarters.
- Easy to clean and has zip-off panels
- Breathable fabrics
- Side storage pockets
- Napper is too closed off
- A bit on the heavy side
5. Disney Baby Sweet Wonder Play Yard
- Spacious and sturdy, the Disney Baby Sweet Wonder play yard is ready for rest or fun whether you’re with your baby at...
- Stylish and cute in pink and black, this play yard provides multiple ways to keep baby both happy and comfortable and...
- Easily move the play yard from room to room with two built-in wheels for mobility. This newborn's bassinet comforts your...
Having a bit of Disney in your set up is never a bad thing. The Disney Baby Sweet Wonder Play Yard comes in a bunch of different designs for boys and girls. That includes Minnie and Mickey Mouse’s designs, and they’re all absolutely adorable.
When you’re looking for the best pack n play with a bassinet, this is a fabulous option. It’s a sturdy play yard with everything you could possibly need.
That includes a full-size bassinet, changing station, and a toy bar. It’s also easy to set up and collapse, which is essential when you’re traveling.
- Adorable Disney themes
- Full-size bassinet
- Convenient changing station
- Organizer is bulky
- Can be a bit tricky to collapse for some people
6. Graco Pack ‘n Play Playard with Cuddle Cove
No products found.
The Graco Pack ‘n Play Playard is another excellent option. It has everything you need in a portable crib. That includes a full-size bassinet, which is ideal for nap time or overnight sleeping when you’re traveling.
It also has a cuddle cove, which can be used as a napper in the pack n play. Or you can pull it out and use it as an infant seat around the house.
All the options on this list have wheels, but that doesn’t mean it will be easy to maneuver them through your home. Having a removable seat will make things much more manageable. Plus, it has vibrating functions to keep your bundle of joy happy and content.
- Removable bassinet works as an infant seat
- Soothing vibration function
- Ideal for traveling
- Uncomfortable pad
- Some customers had issues getting the rail to lock in place
No products found.
7. Baby Trend Twins Nursery Center
- Two removable rock-a-bye bassinet converts to a stand alone rocker
- Removable rock-a-bye bassinet comes with canopy and carry handle, plush fabric and mesh sides for proper ventilation
- Flip away changing table and deluxe parent organizer. Use only household mild soap and warm water. Do Not Use Bleach. Do...
Many of the baby products we see aren’t exactly geared towards twins. That means that you end up buying double of everything. That’s expensive and unnecessary in some cases.
The Baby Trend Twins Nursery Center gives you the ability to at least make an exception in this case. This product is the best pack n play with a bassinet on this list if you’re expecting double.
It has two bassinets that fit snuggly in the top. They can also be removed to act as stand-alone rockers. The bassinets have an electronic music center, canopies, plush toys, vibration settings, and a nightlight.
Plus, this playard has a flip away changing table and a deluxe organizer, which will make juggling twins a bit easier.
If you’re not entirely comfortable using the bassinets as nappers, you can still use them as infant seats. Instead, you can put both swaddled babies in the full-sized bassinet. Just make sure to pay attention to the weight limit.
- Perfect for twins
- Music and vibration settings
- Small bassinets can be used around the house
- Twins will grow out of the full-size bassinet quickly
- The organizer can’t use used when the small bassinets are in place
- Thin and uncomfortable mat
8. Graco Pack ‘n Play Playard Snuggle Suite LX<
No products found.
Graco is at is once again with the Snuggle Suite LX. It has all the additional features we’re looking for in the best pack n play with a bassinet. That includes the full-size bassinet, small removable bassinet, and the extended-use changing station.
The small bassinet can also be taken out and used as an infant seat. So if you’re little one is relaxing while you get things done, you can use the seat instead of the entire set up. If you do, they will probably really enjoy the gentle vibration settings.
It also has a built-in storage organizer and a music station that plays nature sounds and soft music.
- The removable sleeper can be used around the house
- Extended-use changing station
- Gentle vibration settings
- Tricky instructions for setup
- A bit awkward to set up and collapse
- Not great for travel
No products found.
Make Life Simpler with the Best Pack n Play with a Bassinet
When it comes to convenience, finding the best pack n play with a bassinet should be at the top of your list. I know some people who use it instead of buying a whole separate bassinet.
For one thing, that cuts down on one baby item that you will only be able to use for a short amount of time. For another thing, finding a pack n play with everything you need will finally make traveling possible.
Overall, every parent is going to be looking for something different. No single option is going to fit everyone’s individual needs. That’s exactly why we wanted to give you a list of all the top options.
If you’re more interested in finding the best pack n play without all the bells and whistles, we covered even more options in a separate list.
Let us know what you picked in the comment section below!
Featured image source: amazon