Toddler water shoes FAQs
What are toddler water shoes?Toddler water shoes are designed to be worn in wet environments. Some styles of water shoes, sandals, or socks can be worn in the water. Other designs are better for wearing on the coast or poolside.
What are toddler water sandals?Toddler water sandals provide protection and style while standing up to water exposure. Sandals dry quickly to prevent blisters from forming. Depending on the design, you may want to take these sandals off while your toddler swims.
What are toddler water socks?Toddler water socks have thinner soles and less structure than water shoes or sandals. Aqua socks are designed to be worn while in the water and dry out quickly.
What are toddler water shoes used for?The best toddler water shoes protect your child’s feet while he or she is playing or walking in wet conditions. Non-slip soles can help a toddler maintain traction on slippery surfaces.
What are toddler water shoes usually made of?Many toddler water shoes are made of neoprene or textile uppers with thermoplastic rubber outsoles. Some water shoes and sandals are molded out of synthetic materials.
How do I choose the size when buying toddler water shoes?Measure your toddler’s feet, and check sizing charts and customer comments before buying water shoes. Some toddler water shoes are known to have inconsistent sizing. An accurate measurement is the best way to guarantee the water shoes you buy will fit.
Different types of toddler water shoesToddler water shoes are protective footwear designed to be worn near water or in shallow water. Shoes such as Stride Rite’s Made 2 Play Phibian Sneaker provide traction and make it easier for toddlers to walk on uneven surfaces. You can order many different styles of water shoes.
When to use toddler water shoes
Purchase a pair of toddler water shoes in advance of a trip to the shore or pool. If you are going to a rocky coast, select structured shoes with thick soles to protect your child’s feet. Your toddler may be more comfortable at a sandy beach in breathable sandals or quick-drying aqua socks. If you choose water socks, you may also need to bring shoes if you have other plans after spending time near the water.
Benefits of using toddler water shoes
Toddler water shoes can prevent injuries if your child steps on a sharp object. Water shoes provide more protection than either sandals or socks. Toddler boy water shoes and toddler girl water shoes can also help your child maintain his or her balance on slippery or uneven surfaces. Water shoes can also protect the delicate skin on your child’s feet from sunburn. You should apply sunscreen to your toddler’s feet if he or she is wearing water sandals.
How to choose the best toddler water shoes
- Material: The material of water shoes affects the level of foot protection and how long it takes for these shoes to dry out. Look for materials that dry quickly and soles suitable for your waterside destination.
- Durability: Water shoes should be well-constructed; shoes and sandals tend to be more durable than water socks. At the same time, water socks may fit a size range and last longer than one summer.
- Type: The type of water shoe you choose depends on where your plan for your child to wear water shoes. You may want to purchase more than one type of water shoe for different terrain or amounts of walking.
- Style: Toddler water shoes are the perfect accessory for swimsuits and beach gear. You can also choose designs from brands that make shoes for kids and adults for a matching style for the entire family.
- Design: Pick a design with Velcro straps or simple fasteners that make water shoes easy to put on and take off. The design of these shoes affects how much protection and traction the shoe will provide.
Most popular toddler water shoes brands
- Crocs: Crocs makes waterproof footwear for toddlers, children, and people of all ages. This brand has a well-deserved reputation for comfort and durability. Choose traditional clog-style shoes or stylish water sandals. Some Crocs are made of fully-molded Croslite, while others feature breathable mesh bodies in distinctive colors and designs.
- OshKosh B’gosh: OshKosh has made quality products for over 100 years. The brand’s current line-up of water shoes and sandals feature comfortable materials and durable fastening mechanisms that are easy for toddlers to put on and take off. Styles range from sport sandals to sneakers and Mary Janes.
- Speedo: Speedo is a top swimwear and aquatic supply brand. This brand’s toddler boy water shoes and toddler girl water shoes are designed to be worn in and out of the water and provide protection against slips.
- Native: Native water shoes have a unique perforated design that is highly breathable. These shoes come in a wide variety of colors and styles. These water shoes are made out of odor-resistant ethylene vinyl acetate with a rubber sole and EVA footbed that will mold to fit your toddler’s feet.
- KEEN: Keen is a top outdoor shoe brand for toddlers, children, and adults. Find child-sized versions of classic water sandals designed to protect your toddler’s feet and provide traction.
- Stride Rite: Stride Rite water shoes and sandals come in a variety of designs that parents and kids are sure to love. Find unisex sneakers as well as Mary Janes and slides perfect for toddler girls and boys.
- Fresko: Fresko makes water shoes with toes and thick soles as well as clogs in kid-friendly designs. Fresco shoes are comfortable and quick-drying and can be submerged in water.
Best toddler water shoes for boys and girls
Most Versatile: Made 2 Play Phibian Water Shoes by Stride Rite
- Breathable sneaker design
- Antimicrobial lining
- Machine washable
Best for Water Only Toddler Shoes: Speedo Surfwalker Pro 2.0 Water Shoes
- Stretchable upper and quick-adjusting strap
- Mesh insert panels for quick drying
- S-track thermoplastic rubber outsole
Best for Beach: Toddler Shark Water Shoes With Toes by Fresko
- Eye-catching design
- Thick rubber sole
- Adjustable Velcro closure and heel pull tab
Best for Pool: Water Shoes by i-Play
- Pull-on shoes made out of flexible materials
- Non-slip soles
- Wear in and out of water
Easiest to Wear: Crocs Kids’ Classic Clog
- Durable and protective design
- Roomy fit
Best for Outdoors: KEEN Newport H2 Sandal
- Quick-drying polyester webbing
- Rubber sole
- Machine washable
Most Lightweight: Soft Barefoot Aqua Socks by norocos
- Ultra lightweight
- Breathable upper
- Thermoplastic rubber soles
Most Breathable: Kid’s Slip-On Quick Dry Water Shoes by ALEADER
- Amphibious shoe for wearing in and out of water
- Breathable quick-dry mesh upper
- Non-slip soles with outsole drainage
Best Water Sandals With Velcro Straps: Teva Tidepool Water Sandal
- Open- and closed-toe designs
- Non-slip sole
- Many color combinations
Best for Wide Feet: OshKosh B’Gosh Aquatic Girl’s and Boy’s Water Shoe
- Soft upper material
- Contoured insole
- Flexible outsole
What’s the best toddler water shoes?Crocs Kids’ Classic Clog. These clogs provide a roomy fit to allow for some flexibility with regard to sizing and continued comfort even after your toddler has been running around in the heat. These durable clogs are moderately priced. With average wear, a toddler will probably outgrow his or her Crocs before these shoes break down. Crocs clogs are bulkier than water socks, but they are breathable, lightweight, and can protect small toes and feet. These clogs come in many colors and sizes, making them the best toddler boy water shoes and toddler girl water shoes.
How the best toddler shoes were pickedCrocs are a perennial favorite at beaches and pools. These shoes allow feet to breathe and do not pinch toes or cause blisters. These shoes can be worn into the water and, if they happen to come off, they float. Crocs clogs can stand up to almost any conditions. There are no textiles to wear down or get snagged. The soles provide traction and are thick enough to prevent sharp objects from poking through.
Relevant products to buy
Stearns Puddle Jumper Basic Life Jacketlife jacket is an important piece of swimming safety equipment. These life jackets feature cute cartoons and come in bright, eye-catching colors. Toddlers can match their water shoes and life jacket to their swimsuit for summertime style.
Speedo Kids’ UPF 50+ Begin to Swim Classic Swim Vestneoprene swim vest offers protection from the sun’s ultraviolet rays and provides warmth and buoyancy for swimming in chilly pool, ocean, or surface water. Pick from two bright color combinations in a variety of sizes.
i play Baby Flap Sun Protection Swim Hat
Final review of the best toddler water shoesThe best toddler water shoes for your child depend on your destination. I prefer Crocs because I can rest assured that my toddler can wear these shoes anywhere and stay protected. One of the most important factors in choosing water shoes is the quality of the fit. Crocs are available in a wide range of reliable sizes and do not tend to cause blisters, two factors that set them apart from many other water shoes. These clogs are available in so many colors that it is easy to find the right toddler boy water shoes or toddler girl water shoes.
Last update on 2021-06-24 at 23:40 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API