Something everyone knows comes along with pregnancy is discomfort, especially when sleeping. Finding the perfect sleeping position during pregnancy can be challenging, so finding the best pregnancy pillow for stomach sleepers is imperative.
Pregnancy is a weird thing. You’re growing a baby in your body. A whole human! The last thing you need is for your sleep to suffer. Discover the wonder that is the best pregnancy pillow here.
Why You Need the Best Pregnancy Pillow
There’s so much going on when you’re growing a baby in your body. Getting the nursery together, baby-proofing your home, and trying to maintain your own routine will get hard. Sleeping shouldn’t be hard; it should be your escape from the hectic life you’re living.
Unfortunately, pregnancy is rude sometimes, and sleeping can be hard. Especially as the bump grows, you can find yourself tossing and turning for hours on end.
Sleeping on your back can cause aches and pains. Enter pregnancy pillows.
These are especially necessary if you’re a stomach sleeper. Getting the best pregnancy pillow for stomach sleepers is a step in the right direction. It will help you sleep better, which means less stress for both you and the baby.
Stomach Sleeping While Pregnant
There are people in the world that will tell you that sleeping on your stomach when pregnant is unsafe. However, they’re not right. While it might be a little bit more uncomfortable as your pregnancy progresses, it isn’t unsafe.
A popular sleeping position during pregnancy is the “SOS position,” which stands for “sleep on side.” That’s what most of the contenders for the best pregnancy pillow for stomach sleepers try to achieve. They prop up your stomach so you’re not actually sleeping on it, making it as comfortable as possible for you.
What to Look for in the Best Pregnancy Pillow
It’s probably not in your best interest to just buy a pregnancy pillow willy-nilly. The one you buy might be good, but it might not be the best pregnancy pillow for stomach sleepers. That’s why it’s important to research the materials of your pillow to make sure that they meet your needs.
Just like with a regular pillow, the material of your pregnancy pillow is important. The best pregnancy pillow for stomach sleepers isn’t going to be itchy and sweaty. It’s going to provide you comfort in an uncomfortable time.
The best outer material for pillows, in general, is cotton. It’s absorbent, so you won’t feel slick with sweat, and it’s soft. Cotton is also machine washable in most cases, so it’ll be less of a hassle.
Your next best bet is a polyester and nylon mix. It has the softness and absorbency that you’re looking for with cotton, but it’s less likely to wear down. Overall, you want to choose fabrics that will create a resilient and comfy base for your bump.
Stuffing is another essential to having the best pregnancy pillow for stomach sleepers. You’re going to be laying on it, so it’s important that it doesn’t warp or get packed down with time. Even the best pregnancy pillow for stomach sleepers in the world will be a nightmare if it gets lumpy.
That’s why some kind of memory foam is the best option, and why most of the ones we reviewed contain it. It’ll mold to your body just like you need it to, but it won’t get packed down. That’s a luxury you don’t really get with goose down or poly-fiber fills.
Most of the top contenders for the best pregnancy pillow for stomach sleepers are u-shaped. U-shaped pillows provide support to your whole body, not just the bump. That way, you’re less likely to wake up with more aches and pains than are normal for someone literally growing a person.
C-shaped pillows are also pretty common among pregnant people. Like u-shaped pillows, they provide full-body support. The most common kerfuffle over them is that they don’t have an opening for your head.
If you’re particular about how you like your regular pillows, you might want a u-shaped pillow over a c-shaped one. It’s better to be safe than sorry.
How We Reviewed
As mentioned in the previous sections, filling and outer materials are important to find the best pregnancy pillow for stomach sleepers. We tried to pick the pillows with cotton or nylon cases and memory foam inside. There are a few other options, though, so we didn’t exclude others completely.
The next thing to consider was the shape of the pillow. u-shaped pillows are the most common type of pregnancy pillow for stomach sleepers. For good reason; your whole body deserves support. Most of the pillows we chose used the classic u-shape to their advantage.
A totally vain and unnecessary thing to consider was also color selection. Color isn’t everything, but you’re more likely to stick with it if you like how it looks.
The Best Pregnancy Pillow for Stomach Sleepers
So, after heavy amounts of comparing and research, the list for the best pregnancy pillow for stomach sleepers was born. These are not all of the ones available, in fact, we didn’t even make a dent in the market, but these were the ones that fit our criteria the best.
The best pregnancy pillow for stomach sleepers is going to vary between people. Some people don’t love all the extra support, some people love it. Keep in mind how you like your regular bed pillows is usually a good indicator of the kind of pregnancy pillow you’ll like.
PharMeDoc Pregnancy Pillow
- Our U shaped body pillow helps support your back, hips, knees, neck, and head to help ease discomfort associated with...
- The pregnancy pillow features a detachable extension that can be used as its own full body pillow, or attached the main...
- This maternity pillow measures 53" inches long, 31" inches wide, and 7" inches high, making this the ideal contoured...
You know those criteria we listed? The PharMeDoc Pregnancy Pillow blows them out of the water in almost every aspect.
The cover for the pillow is 100 percent cotton. It zips up and comes off and can go straight into your washing machine. The pillow is also available in a bunch of colors.
The PharMeDoc pillow also has detachable pieces, so you can remove the pieces you don’t like. That also makes it good for travel; you can take it in pieces rather than the whole big thing. However, it is filled with poly-fiber, so it might go flat faster than you would like.
Queen Rose Pregnancy Pillow
- Unique design and ergonomic,the U shaped body pillow lets you get a good night of sleep throughout your pregnancy. It's...
- Density and extra comfortable,this unique without smelling provides comfort for side sleeping and retains fluffiness for...
- Comfort and support,Now available with uniquely designed to follow the shape of the pregnancy mom, and big "U" shaped...
Unlike most of its competitors, the Queen Rose Pregnancy Pillow is cased in velvet. Though it’ll definitely be soft, velvet is not everybody’s jam, so beware. The velvet casing doesn’t stop you from being able to chuck it into the washing machine, as the cover comes off.
The Queen Rose pillow is available in a bunch of colors, ranging from neutral to brighter. Be cautious of what you wash it with, or you might end up dyeing your clothes to match.
The filling is 100 percent polyester, so you might experience some pancaking. The velvet will be soft, but it might make you sweatier, resulting in more washes. Velvet also can get a little itchy when you’re sweating in it.
AngQi 55″ Full Body Pregnancy Pillow
- Unique Design & Extra Filled - AngQi u shaped body pillow is extra filled to 6.6lbs(3kg) premium PP Cotton, Our...
- Comfortable Night Sleep - This u-pillow effectively helps support back, hips, knees, neck, and head to help ease...
- Multi-Function Body Support Pillow - The full pregnancy pillow is easily formed into multiple positions and is a great...
The AngQi 55″ Full Body Pregnancy Pillow has a unique outer cover that’s made of jersey material. Jersey material is soft and machine washable, so you’ll get the ease and softness you’re going to want. The pillowcase zips off and can go right in the washer.
AngQi’s product is U-shaped, making it great for full-body support. Though it doesn’t have detachable parts, it is lightweight and easy to transport.
Awesling Full Body Pillow
- Best Pregnancy Pillow: Our versatile pillow will come in 3 separate parts, please put on covers and connect parts to...
- Fully Adjustable Body Pillow: The multi-position pillow offers you a variety of sleeping positions! Remove the side and...
- Ergonomic Bonus Pillow: This complete maternity care pillow set includes a small 45⁰ angle pillow which is perfect for...
The Awesling Full Body Pillow is fully adjustable. As your pregnancy progresses, your pillow can progress with you. That means you won’t feel like you have to go out and find a new one as you grow, which is always a plus.
The pillow is available in a couple of colors and has a soft cotton outer material. The inner parts of the pillow are easy to open, which allows you to remove some of the fillings or add more. Awesling’s product comes apart into four separate pieces for easy traveling and even more customization.
SURPZON Pregnancy Pillow
- This c-shaped pregnancy pillow is especially designed for mom-to-be and help them reduce the pains in lower back, pelvis...
- The maternity body pillow is 100% cotton removable cover creates a skin-friendly surface to touch for your face.
- this full body pregnancy pillow is also perfect for anyone needing more back/legs support while sitting up on bed or...
Unlike previous pillows, the SURPZON Pregnancy Pillow is c-shaped. Though it’s not a bad shape to have, a c-shaped pillow kind of forces you to have head support in the pillow. That’s something a lot of people don’t enjoy, and why the u-shaped pillow dominates the market.
The pillow’s cover is cotton and machine washable. It’s easy to clean and comfy to sleep with, but it doesn’t come apart. Overall, the SURPZON pillow doesn’t provide a lot of customization, which isn’t something everybody really cares about.
Cepheus Pregnancy Body Pillow
- 【57” 100% Velet Cover/C Shaped】
- 【Ergonomic Design】Cepheus pregnancy body pillow makes you get a good night of sleep throughout your pregnancy. It's...
- 【Muti-functional Body Support Pillow】 Cepheus full body maternity pregnancy pillow is easily formed into multiple...
The Cepheus Pregnancy Body Pillow combines a lot of the unique features in other pillows we reviewed. It’s C-shaped and available in both velvet and jersey fabric. It’s soft and cozy, but forces head support, and the velvet material may make you sweat.
It is machine washable, though, so you’ll be able to wash that sweat away fast. In addition, the pillow is available in a whole gaggle of colors, so you’ll be able to choose your favorite.
INSEN Pregnancy Body Pillow
- Ergonomic Design - 58 x 28 x 7.8 in.C shaped body pillow design replaces other small pillows in your bed. This C shaped...
- Best Maternity Pillow to Your Family- High density soft fiber fillings adapts to your belly and back when you want to...
- Relieve Pregnancy Body Pain. Our full body pregnancy pillow can help you into a quality sleep, reducing interruptions...
INSEN’s Pregnancy Body Pillow is nothing to scoff at. The C-shaped, velvet-covered pillow is machine washable, and easy to put back together once it is washed. It has long zippers that make it easy to navigate, so there is no hassle involved.
The pillow also comes in a jersey cotton cover, so if velvet isn’t your vibe, you can pick that one instead. The color selection is limited, but the shades are mostly neutral so it’ll be easy to pick one.
Marine Moon Pregnancy Pillow
- DEFEAT YOUR BACK PAIN: This c-shaped pregnancy pillow is designed for mom-to-be to relieve pregnancy discomfort. The...
- FULL BODY SUPPORT: Perfectly replace your multiple pillows to get ultimate comfort while sleeping. This full body pillow...
- HYPOALLERGENIC & COZY MATERIALS: The maternity body pillow elaborately crafts with the lofty and hypoallergenic filling...
The Marine Moon Pregnancy Pillow has almost everything going for it. It has a breathable and machine washable cotton cover, as well as hypoallergenic filling.
The pillow comes in a couple of different colors; nothing crazy, but enough for you to have a choice. It also has openings so that you can add or remove filling without ruining the pillow. Your comfort is key, and that extra layer of customization really takes the cake.
Jill & Joey Pregnancy Pillow Wedge
- NO MORE ROLLING OVER. Our wedge pillow helps you sleep on your left side which is better for your baby because it will...
- RELIEVE PREGNANCY PAIN with our pregnancy pillow. Providing proper belly support can reduce discomfort around your hips,...
- ZIPPER ON THE SIDE. Our pregnancy pillow is designed in close collaboration with mothers. The zipper is strategically...
At least one wedge pillow had to make the list, and the Jill & Joey Pregnancy Pillow does the trick. It stops you from rolling over onto your stomach while you sleep, so you’ll avoid extra bellyaches in the morning.
Wedge pillows are a classic. However, a lot of pregnant women find that wedges can be kind of uncomfortable. They don’t really support anything but the bump, so all of those other aches that come with pregnancy are left to persist.
It will do its job, but if you’re looking for full support or ergonomics, it might not be for you. If you choose to use it, though, just know that it is in fact made of comfy memory foam.
Meiz U-Shaped Pregnancy Pillow
- ♥Premium Filling Material - Filling: This extra soft, adjustable and scent free 7D hollow fiber filling, provides...
- ♥Special U Shaped Pregnancy Pillow - Meiz full body pregnancy pillow is designed to follow the curved shape of your...
- ♥Versatile & Multi-functional - This maternity body pillow creates a belly support position for sleeping, reading, and...
The Meiz U-Shaped Pregnancy Pillow is definitely on the top of the list for the best pregnancy pillow for stomach sleepers. The U-shape allows you to bring in your own bed pillows while still supporting your body in full. In addition, it is machine washable.
Velvet covers are popular among pregnancy pillow users. They are soft, so maybe forgoing a bit of absorbency is alright in exchange for better overall comfort. The pillow has a few color options, so you won’t feel overwhelmed.
Cheer Collection Pregnancy Pillow
- Oversized U shaped pregnancy pillow that will give you the best night's sleep you've ever had
- Full-body solution for pregnant women supports your back preventing sciatica and lower back pain
- Relieves pressure to many areas of the body, which reduces your need to toss and turn
The Cheer Collection Pregnancy Pillow is the only pillow on the list with a down alternative filling. In addition to a microfiber, machine washable cover, the pillow is available in a few shapes. With shape options, you can decide what parts of your body need support and which ones don’t.
Down alternative filling isn’t very popular among the pregnancy pillow community. Though it eliminates the ethical dilemma and other issues associated with using down filling, it still packs down and might become less comfortable over time.
There is no color selection with the Cheer Collection pillow, so if that’s important to you, you’ll need to look elsewhere. It’ll still be soft and comfy, but you might experience wear and tear before you would with others.
NiDream Bedding Full Body Pillow
- Suitable For Everyone - The uniquely design followed shape of human body which with oversized U-shaped and long enough...
- Many Useful Effects - Ideal for sciatica relieve leg swelling and back pain, reduce the oppression of the liver,...
- Multifunctional Usage - Our pregnancy body pillow is very suitable for back sleeper, side sleeper and stomach sleeper....
NiDream Bedding’s Full Body Pillow is U-shaped and comes with a machine washable cotton cover. It also comes in four different colors, so you’ll have plenty to pick from.
Like a lot of other pregnancy pillows, you can open it up and either take some filling out or put more in. If you’re a firm pillow person in some places and a soft pillow person in others, NiDream Bedding wants you to be able to have your cake and eat it too.
BATTOP Full Body Pregnancy Pillow
BATTOP’s Full Body Pregnancy Pillow is the only of its kind on our list; it has a g-shape. The G is supposedly really good for the hips as well as the bump. The pillow is also machine washable and hypoallergenic.
Though the pillow claims to fend off itchiness, if you easily overheat, you may want to look elsewhere. Velvet isn’t known for its absorbency, and odds are if you’re sweating in it you’re going to be itchy.
How to Clean a Pregnancy Pillow
Most pregnancy pillows have detachable cases that are machine washable. However, if you get one that isn’t you can hand wash it with soap and water. For spot cleaning, you can usually get the job done with a wet wipe or a paper towel and water.
The Rest of Your Body Matters Too
Just having the pillow is not enough. You can have the best pregnancy pillow for stomach sleepers in the world, but if you aren’t using it, then there’s no point.
If you’re pregnant with a baby, you’re maybe stressed out trying to prepare. Everybody wants their baby to have a happy, safe, and healthy place to come home to.
You were the baby’s first home. If you’re not happy, or if you’re not taking care of yourself properly, the baby feels it, too. You need to keep your body a happy, healthy place to be in.
Sleep well, eat when you need to, and don’t be afraid to ask for help. People, for the most part, will step in to help any pregnant person if they’re struggling. Your body pillow doesn’t have to be the only thing supporting you.
Settle down for a Good Night’s Sleep
Honestly, with so many options today, every stomach sleeper can find their perfect pregnancy pillow. Just because you heard on television that one kind is better than the other doesn’t mean you need to feel that way. Find one perfectly customized to your individual needs.
The best pregnancy pillow for stomach sleepers is going to vary. There are no two ways about it; sleep is unique to every person. Meet your actual needs, not the needs other people want you to have, and you’re set.
What do you think is the best pregnancy pillow for stomach sleepers? Are you a stomach sleeper while pregnant? Let us know!
Featured Image Source: Flickr
Last update on 2021-04-22 at 19:40 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API