Best Educational Toys For Babies And ToddlersThe best educational toys for babies and toddlers will help your child discover the world around them. Whether your child explores different textures, colors, or noises, playing is crucial to their development. We have put together a selection of toys for babies and toddlers so your little one can develop a wide range of motor skills and other aptitudes.
How We Chose Our RatingsWe looked at different toys for babies and toddlers and selected educational toys that will keep your child interested while encouraging interactive play. Here is how we chose our recommendations and ratings:
- Different stages of development. Babies and toddlers grow up astonishingly fast. We looked for toys that correspond to the different developmental stages your child will go through during the first three years of their life.
- Variety. It’s crucial to introduce new toys and encourage different types of play, which is why we included a wide variety of toys.
- Educational value. Your child will benefit from having access to toys that help them develop different skills.
- Reviews from parents. We looked at reviews written by parents to get a better idea of which toys met their expectations.
Top 9 Best Educational Toys For Babies And ToddlersHere are some recommendations to consider if you are shopping for new toys for your baby or toddler.
VTech Baby Soothing Ocean Slumbers Mobile
- Plays more than 45 soft sing-along songs, melodies and phrases
- Features brightly colored ocean animal characters
- Projects calming stars and moon images onto the ceiling
Nuby Ice Gel Teether Keys
- Multi-surface teething makes this teether perfect for assisting in the eruption of front, middle and back teeth
- When place in the refrigerator Nuby's PurICE technology provides gentle cooling on baby's gums
- Easy grip design is ideal for little hands and helps with coordination; Dual surfaced teether
Baby Einstein 5-in-1 Journey Of Discovery Activity Gym
- Grows with baby: 5 settings for development stages
- Listen to 20 minutes of global-themed music
- Includes puppet, prop pillow, take along toys
The First Years Stack Up Cups
- COLORFUL BABY TOYS: 8 brightly colored cups stack together with Unique Holes in the Bottom for water play. For babies 6...
- STACKING CUPS: Children love to fit toy cups together, stack them up, or turn them over and hide things underneath
- BABY DEVELOPMENT TOYS: Large numbers on the bottom to practice counting & number recognition
VTech Sit-To-Stand Learning Walker
- This interactive learning walker features a removable play panel for floor play or on-the-run fun
- The walker includes five piano keys that play musical notes and encourage creativity
- The walker features colorful spinning rollers, three shape sorters and three light-up buttons that help develop fine...
Kidzlane Color Matching Egg Set
- TERRIFIC TODDLER LEARNING TOY 🎨: 12 charming eggs in a carton will help preschoolers learn to count, sort, and match!...
- GAIN BASIC LIFE SKILLS 🎨: Start building smart minds with the right educational toys! These bright, interactive eggs...
- DURABLE CASE INCLUDED 🎨: Made with top quality child-safe materials, this is a toddler toy built to last. And when...
Top Bright Activity Cube Toys Baby Educational Wooden Bead Maze
- FIVE ACTIVITIES: Exploration and fun is around each corner of TOP BRIGHT wooden toys for 1 year old boy and girl. There...
- LEARNING IS FUN: The one year old boy toys help your baby learn and develop effortlessly. We use games to open up the...
- GROW WITH KIDS: Of course with any baby toys for 12-18 months, safety is the top priority. The baby activity cube sized...
RELATED READS: Top 10 Best Books for Toddlers
Play-Doh Starter Set
- Play-Doh play lets kids take the lid off their imaginations and explore their creativity
- Can packs and basic tool sets offer all kinds of open-ended play
- Play sets come in many different themes and offer lots of creative role play
Kiddieland My First Minnie Ride On
- Hear Minnie play her favorite music
- Slide Mickey on the side and turn dial for sounds
- Tumble roller with cute images and blinking signal lights
A Guide The Best Educational Toys For Babies And ToddlersHere is what you need to know about selecting toys for your child as they go through different developmental stages.
First Toys For BabiesLook for simple toys that will appeal to your baby thanks to their bright colors and soft textures. Toys that make sounds and music are a great choice. You can introduce toys as early as six weeks. Crib mobiles will entertain your baby and help them relax before nap time. Baby rattles are another great option for a first toy. Your baby will learn to grab their rattle and enjoy the sounds. Introduce more toys with different textures and ways to interact as your baby develops their motor skills. Activity mats and plush toys are must-have items as your baby grows up. Make sure your baby has access to teethers. Their teeth will appear around their sixth month and a teether is a great way to relieve pain and discomfort. You can introduce more interactive toys once your baby starts sitting up. Your baby should start sitting up on their own between four and seven months of age. Their coordination will improve and they should be able to start playing with balls, building blocks, push and pull toys, pop-up toys, squeaky toys, and musical instruments. Always look for toys with bright colors, rounded edges, and make sure your baby has different textures to discover. The best educational toys for babies between nine and 12 months are the ones that stimulate physical activity. A floor gym or jumper with an activity table will keep your baby entertained as they figure out how to crawl and walk.
How To Choose Toys For ToddlersYour child will grow rapidly between 12 and 36 months. They will develop emotional, cognitive, and social skills at a fast pace and playing is crucial for this development. Introduce new toys often and give your child plenty of options to choose from. Your toddler will probably like being able to switch from one activity to another once they lose interest in something. Your toddler needs toys that will challenge them. Look for toys that encourage your child to figure out different ways to interact with it. Building blocks, bath toys, and nesting cups should keep your toddler busy. You can introduce toys that encourage creative thinking so your child can develop their problem-solving skills. Puzzles and shape sorters are great options to explore. Playdough is another great way to keep your toddler busy. Your child will love the texture of playdough and will stay focused on this activity as they figure out how to create different shapes. You can also introduce activities that will help your child develop their imagination as they get older. Two or three-year-olds will love playing with dress-up games, art sets, and pretend playsets. Your child will want to mimic the things they are seeing around them through these activities. Your toddler needs plenty of physical activity. A ride-on toy is a great way to keep them active, but they should also have access to outdoor toys if possible.
How To Choose Safe Toys For Your Baby Or ToddlerChoose age-appropriate toys for your baby or toddler. Look for toys made by well-known brands that put safety first. Pay attention to the weight of the toy and make sure your child will be able to grab it and interact with it with their current motor skills. Always choose toys that are bigger than your child’s mouth. Look for potentially toxic materials on the label. Stay away from phthalates when shopping for plastic toys. Make sure there are no small removable parts that your child could ingest. Get rid of broken toys, and avoid toys with strings and cords. Supervision is also important when your baby or toddler plays. There are a lot of options to consider when shopping for the best educational toys for your child. Introduce plenty of different toys to keep your baby or toddler interested and help them discover new things!
Last update on 2021-09-19 at 10:10 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API