Central heat and air conditioning can dry out the space in your home, and you may feel the need to add some moisture back into the air. If you are interested in investing in a cool mist humidifier to add moisture to your environment, read on to figure out the best cool mist humidifier for your needs. Though it can be hard to decide, we have eight of the best cool mist humidifier options on the market along with our overall pick to help you get started.
Whether you live in a dry climate or just suffer through the cold and dry winter months, you may realize that the environment around you needs some added moisture. After all, if your skin is cracking and you constantly feel parched no matter how much moisturizer you use, it may be the dry atmosphere you are in at all times.
Cool Mist Humidifier FAQ
Now that you are considering a best cool mist humidifier for purchase, you probably want to know why you should buy a cool mist humidifier to begin with. What are the benefits? Why should you get a cool mist humidifier
1. What Is a Cool Mist Humidifier?
A cool mist humidifier pumps out mist that is a cool temperature to help elevate the humidity levels in the space around the humidifier. Some humidifiers are more powerful than others and have bigger reservoirs to add humidity to a bigger space. No matter what temperature mist you prefer, all humidifiers also need to be cleaned out regularly so that mold does not grow and build up in the humidifier. The best cool mist humidifier will also require that you replace the filter regularly in order to keep the humidifier clean.
2. What Are the Benefits of a Cool Mist Humidifier?
The best cool mist humidifier can help with a multitude of things. For instance, if your skin gets dry, your lips get chapped, and your eyes are itchy and dry during the winter months, you may want a cool mist humidifier to keep you hydrated and your skin supple. Some people also love using humidifiers to relieve their congestion when they are sick with a cold, and humidifiers can help keep the mucus in your body from staying dry and making you uncomfortable. If you have house plants, they often need decent humidity levels in order to grow, too, so you may want a humidifier to keep them alive and thriving.
3. Why Would You Want a Cool Mist Humidifier Over a Warm Mist Humidifier?
Cool mist humidifiers have a few different benefits over warm mist humidifiers. If you live in a warm Southern state, you may want a cool mist humidifier for the warmer months and because it is already warm outside. Cool mist humidifiers are also safer since they do not have hot steam coming out of them that can burn you if you get too close. Typically, the best cool mist humidifier will also be fairly silent, making them ideal for sleeping versus the louder warm mist humidifier options. Warm mist humidifiers are great for adding the maximum amount of moisture to the air, but this can also be a bit uncomfortable for some.
4. Where Can You Purchase a Cool Mist Humidifier?
You can purchase the best cool mist humidifier from supermarkets with home goods such as Walmart or Target. You can also order them online from Walmart, Amazon, or directly from the website of the brand you prefer.
RECOMMENDED READ: How to Choose the Best Night Light for Your Baby
How We Reviewed
We reviewed these best cool mist humidifier options by comparing multiple best-of lists on the internet and reading editors’ choices for best humidifiers as well. We also read through countless reviews by actual users so we could get an unbiased opinion on these humidifier options. We compare the features for each cool mist humidifier so that you can ultimately decide on the product that’s best for you.
What We Reviewed
- Crane Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier
- Honeywell HUL520W Mistmate Cool Mist Humidifier
- Honeywell HCM350W Germ Free Cool Mist Humidifier
- Optimus U-31001 1.5-Gallon Cool Mist Ultrasonic Humidifier
- InnoGear Upgraded Version Aromatherapy Essential Oil Diffuser Ultrasonic Diffusers Cool Mist Humidifier
- Pure Enrichment MistAire XL Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier
- LEVOIT Humidifier for Large Room Bedroom (6L), Warm and Cool Mist Ultrasonic Air Humidifier
- Safety 1st Ultrasonic 360 Degree Cool Mist Humidifier
Crane Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier
This cool mist humidifier comes in seven different color options so that you can choose the product that will look best in your home. It also has a one-gallon tank to fill with water, and the design of the tank makes it fit under most bathroom sink faucets with ease. Though it will need occasional cleanings, the anti-microbial material helps to prevent most mold from growing, and unlike some cool mist humidifiers, it does not need a filter. This humidifier silently adds moisture to up to 500 square feet of space in your home so that your sleep will be undisturbed.
- 3 SPEED SETTINGS: No matter the humidity level you would like to achieve we’ve got you covered. The droplet cool mist...
- VAPOR SLOT: The Vapor pad slot is perfect for extra relief when your you are feeling under the weather. It is compatible...
- WHISPER QUIET: Crane’s droplet humidifier runs whisper quiet which makes it the perfect option for light sleepers,...
Honeywell HUL520W Mistmate Cool Mist Humidifier
This humidifier comes in five different color options so that you have choices that match your decor. The auto shut off feature will turn your humidifier off after the 20 hours of run time have drained the reservoir. There are also multiple output levels so that you can keep your home in the perfect 40% – 60% humidity level. There is no filter needed, and users love its compact design and the fact that it is easy to clean out and maintain. The tank can hold half a gallon of water so that you can feel free to relax while you increase the humidity in your home.
- COOL MIST HUMIDIFIER – Honeywell Filter-Free Cool Mist Humidifier (HUL535B) helps to ensure proper humidity levels in...
- QUICK AND EASY TO USE – This small humidifier features a compact size that makes it ideal for desktops or nightstands...
- COUGH AND CONGESTION RELIEF – Humidifiers for home can be helpful during cold and flu season, when it’s difficult to...
Honeywell HCM350W Germ Free Cool Mist Humidifier
No products found.
This one-gallon tank humidifier can produce moisture for your home or office for up to 24 hours, so you hardly need to refill it at all. The UV technology in the humidifier helps to minimize bacteria and mold by killing 99.9% of germs, so you can trust that the air is safe to breathe. The larger design is not as ideal for small spaces or tiny bedside tables, but it does make it effective for larger spaces or just for running for a longer period of time. The design makes it easy to fill at a kitchen sink and easy to clean, too.
No products found.
Recommended Read: Stokke High Chair Review – What to Expect
Optimus U-31001 1.5-Gallon Cool Mist Ultrasonic Humidifier
This humidifier is perfect for those who only want to fill their humidifier about once a day. Though it only comes in one color, it’s a sleek design that will still match any home. The 1.11 gallon tank holds enough water to put out about 1.5 gallons of steam, and it runs for up to 18 hours without you needing to touch the water at all. There is also an auto shut off feature and a refill light so that you know when it is time to add more water.
- 1.11 gallon tank capacity
- Output of 1.5 gallons in 18 hours
- Features a water empty automatic shut off switch and refill light
InnoGear Upgraded Version Aromatherapy Essential Oil Diffuser Ultrasonic Diffusers Cool Mist Humidifier
This cool mist humidifier is tiny and portable, making it a great option for small spaces and bedside tables. It comes in three different colors and adjusts color with a light as well so that you can light up your space or add ambiance. This also makes it a good option for kids who may want a night light, and the light can be adjusted from bright to dim settings. The automatic off setting means you don’t have to worry about it running out of water. Due to its smaller size, it can run for up to eight hours with intermittent mist or up to 4 hours with continuous mist.
- Compact Size for Space-saving: Without occupying much space, you can easily place this palm sized aromatherapy diffuser...
- 2 Misting Modes: You can set the deffusor to intermittent mist (6-8 hrs working time) that diffuser mists and pauses...
- PP Material and Cool Mist: Using PP material, this diffuser disperses a comfortable stream of room-temperature mist,...
Pure Enrichment MistAire XL Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier
This cool mist humidifier can run anywhere from 10 to 24 hours of mist depending on your choice of settings. The design is cute and modern and has an easily refillable tank. The one gallon tank provides plenty of mist over the course of your day, and there is a night light option with three different color settings as well for those who want a tiny bit of light in their bedroom. It also comes with a brush for cleaning out the humidifier so that you can keep maintaining your device effortlessly.
- LONG-LASTING RELIEF: Ultrasonic cool mist technology safely moisturizes the air for 10 to 24 hours of continuous...
- 1 GALLON WATER TANK: Large tank and powerful steam output provides ideal coverage for large bedrooms, offices, and other...
- OPTIONAL NIGHT LIGHT: Offers soothing lighting for maximum relaxation and operation in the dark (choose between blue,...
LEVOIT Humidifier for Large Room Bedroom (6L), Warm and Cool Mist Ultrasonic Air Humidifier
This large humidifier can provide mist for up to 36 hours and allows you to choose whether you want warm or cool mist in the air. There is a convenient remote control and even a timer for you to start the humidifier whenever you need to. The smart sensor automatically adjusts the humidity level so that you can keep your home or office at the perfect level, and there is even a spot for you to add essential oils if you want to diffuse fragrance into the air too.
- WARM & COOL MIST: With an advanced hybrid design, the LV600HH offers warm and cool mist so you can enjoy the highest...
- WARM MIST TECHNOLOGY: The LV600HH’s unique warm mist feature offers up to 4x faster humidification than other leading...
- PERFECT FOR LARGE ROOMS: With a mist output of up to 500 mL/hr, the LV600HH can easily handle spaces as large as 753...
Safety 1st Ultrasonic 360 Degree Cool Mist Humidifier
This humidifier comes in either white or pink, and it rotates in a full circle so that mist is dispersed evenly throughout your space. The tank is easy to fill and does not require any filters, and the mist is adjustable for different levels of humidity. The tank is large enough that it can also provide mist for up to 36 hours so that you can go your whole day without filling it up. It diffuses mist silently and has an automatic shut off feature as well as a refill light for your convenience.
- DRY AIR RELIEF! LOOK NO FURTHER FOR THE MOST EFFECTIVE COOL MIST HUMIDEFIER ON THE MARKET!
- Want to eliminate the suffering from the terrible effects of dry air? No need to struggle with cheap flimsy and leaky...
- OPERATES IN TOTAL SILENCE – SLEEP LIKE A BABY! No humming, whistling, or crackling as this durable Whole-House...
Recommended Read: What Do Contractions Feel Like? What to Expect
The Verdict – Best Cool Mist Humidifier
Though all of these best cool mist humidifier options are high quality and will get your home to the humidity levels you desire, we have determined that the best overall humidifier is the Honeywell HUL520W Mistmate Cool Mist Humidifier. Without breaking the bank, it can provide mist for up to 20 hours, and it comes from a trusted household name. It can easily be refilled at any sink and removes nearly all of the bacteria effortlessly.
However, no matter which option you settle on, you will soon feel more comfortable in your own home by investing in a cool mist humidifier.