Psst, want to skip the small talk?
I wish someone warned me about just how many baby wipes I would be using across my baby’s early years.
It’s a lot!
And each and every square that you use costs you money.
You might as well call them money wipes.
Let’s do some quick mommy math.
The national geographic found that over the first years of life, the average American baby will wear 3,796 diapers.
That’s 3,796 diapers that need changing. And if you use 4 baby wipes per diaper change. That means you will use over 15,000 baby wipes over the course of your baby’s life.
And that doesn’t even take into account all the other times you use baby wipes.
- Cleaning up poop explosions? Baby wipe.
- Cleaning up pee? Baby wipe.
- Wiping down drool covered fingers? Baby wipe
- Removing baby food from cheeks? Baby wipe
So this figure is likely higher again.
If you choose natural baby wipes, count on this cost being even higher!
Your baby is literally pooping his way through your money. And he doesn’t care – he just stares at you with that smug little face.
Yeah… That’s the look. He knows exactly how much you are spending on his booty.
Related Post: Why you need a baby wipe warmer
While baby wipes are not the first product you think of when trying to make savings, they could actually be costing you a small fortune.
And if you have twins? You can double that cost.
As you can see, chasing down low-price baby wipes is essential if you are on a budget.
And I’m going to let you in on the secret to doing just that.
It’s so easy. You don’t have to stalk every sale. You don’t even have to clip every discount coupon. You only have to do one thing…
Buy baby wipes in bulk!
I saved over $500 on my baby wipes bill in my first year just buy upping the quantity I bought each time. And those savings went towards an electric wine cooler (hopefully you are wiser with your savings).
And the best part is:
You can do the same!
Todays cheap baby wipe value boxes
Pampers Baby Fresh baby Wipes
504 count value box
Pampers Sensitive Baby Wipes
- #1 Choice of U.S. Hospitals based on hospital sales data
- pH balancing formula helps protect sensitive skin
- Free of alcohol, perfume, parabens, phenoxyethanol, and dyes
448 count value box
Huggies Simply Clean Fresh Baby Wipes
- Pack of 9 HUGGIES Simply Clean Baby Wipes Soft Packs, Fresh Scent (648 sheets total)
- HUGGIES Wipes is the #1 Branded Wipe (based on market share in North America)
- Perfect for hands, face and bottoms, providing a reliable and versatile clean
Huggies Simply Clean Unscented Baby Wipes
- Our unscented, alcohol free baby wipes are soft and gentle, perfect for babies, toddlers and kids with sensitive skin....
- Hypoallergenic and dermatologically tested, HUGGIES Simply Clean Baby Wipes come in easy to carry soft packs that are...
- Perfect for sensitive skin, our Simply Clean Baby Wipes keep you and your baby happy with the simple, gentle cleaning...
648 count value box
Huggies Natural Care Baby Wipes
- Pure & Gentle – HUGGIES Natural Care baby wipes contain 99% water that is triple-filtered for a gentle clean. Our...
- Safe for Sensitive Skin – our gentle baby wipes are hypoallergenic and dermatologically tested, and enriched with aloe...
- pH Balanced – to maintain your baby’s natural skin barrier, these wet wipes are free of harsh chemicals. Our Natural...
648 count value box
Kirkland Signature Baby Wipes
Babyganics Fragrance-Free Baby Wipes
- For use from top to bottoms
- Formulated without: Parabens, sulfates, phthalates, artificial dyes or fragrances
- Formulated with plant derived ingredients
Water Wipes Pure Baby Wipes
- Simply two ingredients: Our fragrance-free baby wipes contain 99.9% water with just a drop of fruit extract
- Ideal for sensitive skin: Waterwipes baby wipes are gentle enough for premature, infant, and newborn skin. Wipe material...
- Simple & clean: Vegan society accredited baby wipes are hypoallergenic and contain no parabens or sulphates to irritate...
Honest Baby Wipes
Is there anything else you can do to save money on baby wipes?
There certainly is!
Amazon offers discount coupons on baby wipes. Simply click the coupon just below the price and the savings are automatically added to your cart.
Can’t see your favourite brand? Don’t worry. The specials change weekly. If you keep checking back you will eventually come across your favourite brand on sale for a special low price. And when that happens, it’s time to stock up!
The only downside to stocking up on bulk baby wipes is that you will need to find somewhere to store them until a time when they are needed.
But really, it’s a small price to pay when you are considering the potential savings to be had. Economically, buying baby wipes in bulk just makes sense.
And perhaps the biggest advantage of having an abundance of cheap baby wipes on hands is that you won’t be so thrifty with their use. If your baby has let rip the mother-of-all-poop-explosions then you won’t feel so guilty about using extra baby wipes to clean it up.
Another money-saving option is to make your own baby wipes!
Do you have any other tips to finding affordable baby wipes? Let me know in the comments below!