Medela Pump In Style FAQsHere are some of the most common questions people are asking online about the Medela Pump in Style.
Does the Medela Pump In Style take batteries?The Pump In Style uses 8 AA batteries, which come included with the product. Regardless of which style of bag you choose they all require the same type and number of batteries. Currently, there is no way to use the Pump In Style plugged into an outlet or to recharge the batteries in the product. However, you can use replaceable and rechargeable batteries.
Does the Medela Pump In Style come out of the bag?It depends on which type of bag you choose to purchase. The Tote and Backpack have a built-in pump which you can’t easily remove. The Metro Bag has a removable pump which also has its separate bag. If you need a pump that can come out of the bag, you should choose the Metro.
- Medela is the #1 Physician Recommended Breast Pump Product in the U.S.*
- DISCOUNTED MONTH OF 24/7 LC Breastfeeding Support: Receive 30 days of discounted access with your purchase of Pump in...
- DOUBLE ELECTRIC BREAST PUMP: Pump in Style is designed for daily use and moms who pump several times a day, thanks to...
- ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY FOR SUPERIOR PERFORMANCE: Thanks to its patented and research-based 2-Phase Expression Technology,...
- CUSTOMIZABLE SETTINGS AND ACCESSORIES: Single knob adjustable speed and vacuum with one touch letdown button; Set of...
- DISCREET AND DURABLE BACKPACK: With built-in breastpump holds everything you need for portable and discreet pumping;...
Medela Metro Bag
- Medela is the #1 Physician Recommended Breast Pump Product in the U.S.* Power: 120 VAC; 60 Hz
- COMPLETE PUMP IN STYLE ADVANCED BREAST PUMP: Designed for moms who pump several times a day, this breast pump kit has...
- PORTABLE: Removable breast pump and battery pack allow for discreet, mobile pumping anytime - whether at home, at work,...
Which bag is best?It’s hard to say which bag is best, but the Metro is the most versatile because you can remove the pumping machine from it. The most popular is likely the tote, but the backpack is the most convenient because of its strong straps, keeping your hands free to help your baby.
Where can I buy it?The Pump In Style is available from some retailers across the country, on their website and simplest of all, you can purchase it from Amazon and get it shipped straight to your door in days.
When should I replace the parts?According to Medela, you can replace the parts every 1 to 3 months. Having read many responses from other Medela users, the average for a mother pumping daily is to replace the parts every 6 to 8 weeks.
How does it work?The Pump In Style works the same as any other double-electric breast pump. Two bottles are attached to the suction pads, which cover your nipple and breast. The machine is turned on, and it creates a tight but comfortable seal around the breast, gently sucking the milk out into the bottles. Unlike other pumps, this pump is attached inside of a bag so that you can grab it and go without having to remember to pack the pump. When it is time, you can simply open the pouch and start pumping. Here is a video from Medela that shows how to use the Pump in Style.
Medela Pump In Style Advanced ReviewsHaving read many other Medela Pump In Style Advanced reviews, I know that I’m not alone in thinking that this product is an absolute godsend. It offers unparalleled convenience, extra privacy and gives mothers the ability to get out, enjoy the world and feel empowered. Traditional pumps are cumbersome, ineffective and you need to remember to pack them into your bag. I can’t even fathom how many times I’ve forgotten a pump at home, only to realize later in the day and I’m sure I’m not alone! The Pump In Style fixes all of those problems. For the mother that likes to get out of the house, either to work or to explore the world, it’s hard to think of a greater solution than this.
Related Post: The best manual breast pumps
Incredible convenienceCertainly, the biggest reason to invest in this pump is the convenience that it offers you. But more importantly, it’s what that convenience allows you to do with your life. It’s hard enough already to plan an event with a newborn baby, which can often lead to mothers staying at home and feeling trapped or depressed. The convenience of this product is empowering, giving you the freedom and the resolve to get out of the house with less stress and worry, knowing that your pump is literally in your hands. With alternative products, you have to remember to grab the pump and then try your best to stuff it into a bag that it wasn’t designed to fit into, what a hassle!
Tremendous performanceYou’d be forgiven for thinking that a product like this was a gimmick and wouldn’t have good performance. The truth is, this might be one of the best Medela pumps. Unlike others, they don’t have to worry about size because it fits into the bag. This means that the motor can be larger and more powerful, forming a stronger seal and drawing more milk out. The most common problems that women experience with pumps are around suction and milk removal. Usually, these problems occur because the cup isn’t attached correctly, the motor fails to provide enough suction, and therefore a vacuum can’t be created to draw out the milk. But with well-shaped cups and a more powerful motor, the Pump In Style makes light work of the process, drawing from both breasts at once for double the efficiency.
Long-lasting and durableMedela pumps are expensive, that’s undeniable, but they offer incredible quality. Plus, they will last through multiple children, giving you tremendous value for money. Unlike their competitors you don’t need to replace the parts monthly, they typically last longer than this, driving down the total cost further.
Public perception and reviewsHaving read countless reviews from other mothers, along with forum discussions and blog posts, I like to think that I have a fairly good idea of the public opinion concerning this pump. The majority of mothers have found it incredibly useful, not least because it’s one less thing that they have to think about when they leave the house. Many of the reviewers who have left comments about the Pump In Style mentioned that they were impressed with how powerful the machine was, comparing it to the Freestyle and other quality pumps.
How it compares to other models and brandsUnderstandably, you’re probably interested in hearing about how this compares to some of the other options available, both from Medela and other comparable brands. Perhaps most notable is the Medela Freestyle, their most popular advanced pump. The Freestyle is equally powerful, but it has the advantage of attaching to your wall sockets to charge, rather than taking batteries. However, it doesn’t have the same quality of carrying bag and isn’t built-in like the Tote or Backpack. If you’ve searched for pump bags before, you’ll have heard of “Kelly” by Sarah Wells. Rather than being a pump within a bag, it’s merely a functional bag that has the perfect space and utility for a breast pump. While not as convenient or easy as the Medela, it’s another option for mothers that want a bag but who might prefer a different pump.
- Natural Nursing Technology: Our Spectra S1 electric breast pump features technology that allows comfortable suction...
- Perfect for Travel: The Spectra S1 is portable and rechargeable, making it ideal for an on-the-go mom, with the back...
- Single or Double Pumping: Can be used as a single electric breast pump or a double electric breast pump and for best...
Other products to buyThe Pump In Style comes with everything that you’ll need to start pumping on the go, but that doesn’t mean there aren’t some useful accessories that you might like. Many women choose to use the Pump In Style as the only pump, using it in the home and the office too. For those mothers, having extra bottles and other goodies is a life saver.
Medela Breast Milk Bottle SetCan you ever have too many bottles? I’d argue that you can’t. The Medela bottles are dishwasher and microwave safe, allowing you to easily store, heat and wash the bottles for a more simplistic life. Each set comes with three bottles and a variety of lids, nipples, collars, and caps to help you when it comes to feeding time.
Medela Breast Milk Storage Bags
- Contains 50 Count 5 0z bags with 2 adapters
- Compatible with most Medela breast pumps (Sonata breast pump excluded), easy connect adapter connects directly to breast...
- Convenient no-spill, no-leak, easy-to-close zipper top design
Medela Quick Clean Wipes
- CONVENIENT CLEANING: These wipes are perfect for breast pump accessories and everything baby-related
- PORTABLE: Keep a pack in your pump bag, favorite pumping area at home and car
- EFFICIENT: Hygienic wipes engineered to clean quickly and efficiently. One wipe cleans breast shields, valves, and...
Conclusion on Medela Pump in StyleThe Pump In Style is a game changer, but more importantly, it’s a lifestyle changer. It allows more women to get out of the house with their children by reducing the stress and giving those mothers and easy way to pump quickly, conveniently and with more dignity. For the mother who wants a life and who wants to get out and explore the world with her baby, the Pump In Style is a clear choice. There are no alternatives that offer the same tremendous performance and convenience in a single bag, quite literally.
Last update on 2022-05-28 at 00:54 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API