What Is A Bugaboo Donkey?
- New for Donkey 3: Improved aesthetics, for a cleaner and sleek look. Improved bassinet, with handy extra pockets in...
- Effortless Expansion: This stroller accommodates a single child, infant (w/included bassinet) - toddler (48 lbs.). It...
- Spacious Storage: Equipped with both a side luggage basket & under-seat basket that each hold up 22lbs.
Bugaboo Donkey Product Specifications
- Effortless Expansion: This stroller accommodates infants (w/ included bassinet) and toddlers up to 50 lbs and transforms...
- Spacious Storage: The Donkey2 is a full size stroller with a narrow footprint that glides through doorways & entryways...
- Versatile and Hassle-Free: From the 1-piece self-standing fold design which offers a compact fold
- Classic grey mélange and black chassis
- Classic grey mélange and aluminum chassis
- Classic dark navy and aluminum chassis
- Black sun canopy, black fabrics, aluminum chassis
- Grey melange sun canopy, grey melange fabrics, aluminum chassis
- Black sun canopy, black materials, black chassis
- Blue melange sun canopy, blue melange fabrics, black chassis
- Grey melange sun canopy, grey melange fabrics, black chassis
|Dimensions:||Thirty-four inches by twenty-four inches by thirty-four inches|
|Weight Limit:||Thirty-seven in half pounds|
|Waterproof?:||Yes, the canopy is one hundred percent waterproof|
|Sun Protection?:||UPF 50+|
|Warranty Length:||Two years (three years if you register the product)|
How the Bugaboo Donkey Compares With Other Brand Names
- Most compact and maneuverable full-size double stroller available, max child weight 90 pounds
- The full-size removable rear seat has a multi-position recline and holds a child from 6 months to 45 pounds
- Front seat accommodates a child from 3 months to 45 pounds and reclines to 3-positions
1) Baby Trend Expedition LX Jogger, Elixer
No products found.If the Bugaboo Donkey falls out of your budget, then we recommend the Baby Trend Expedition LX Jogger as a good value alternative. It might not come with the best quality, but considering the budget, it is a pretty good deal.
Ease of UseWhile the product does work pretty well on smooth conditions, you can forget about using it on any rough terrain. There is no quicker way you can mess up the wheels and machinations on this product.
Build QualityIf you take good care of the product, then it will hopefully last the duration of your child’s timeframe for using it. Unfortunately, the build quality is relatively weak, considering the affordability, so even slight misuse will cause the product to break. Some buyers report things like the front wheel falling off after repeated use.
WarrantyThe company does not offer a warranty on its product.
2) Hot Mom Baby Stroller 360 Rotation Function Travel System Pram
- 【EGG SEAT+ BASSINET】Easily switch between sitting and lying. The independent bassinet is for 0-9 months newborn...
- 【360°ROTATION FUNCTION】The robust stroller frame can rotate 360°so that the pushchair attachments can be adjusted...
- 【WATERPROOF PU LEATHER】Completely designed with Somatology Safety standard, 100% PU leather material, safe and...
Ease of UseWhile it might not operate on the same level as the Bugaboo Donkey, you cannot deny that this stroller provides a smooth and comfortable ride. People also report that the stroller is much lighter in comparison. However, the product does not break down as easily into a more transportable size, so people with smalls cars may want to look elsewhere.
Build QualityThe stroller comes sleek and lightweight, but it can still survive the bumps and nicks from daily use. It also features a stylish, modern design that differs from a lot of other strollers in its category.
WarrantyThe company does not offer a warranty on its product, but you can purchase additional “protection plans” on the product.
Pros and ConsThe most apparent pro that comes along with the Bugaboo Donkey is the evident quality of the product. While some baby stroller barely lasts a year of heavy use before breaking down, this luxury brand offers consistent craftsmanship of the product. Plus, as everyone loves to note, the stroller handles like a dream. You barely need to apply any weight to get the thing moving, and once it does move, it can make sharp and coordinated terms. This coordination is thanks to the proper tires on the product, which can handle hard bounces. Also, the design of the thing is impeccable. We do not think that you will find another customizable double stroller that can fit through a door without collapsing first. The straps offer another great design aspect. Most products give you a flimsy strapping system that involved multiple buckles that take a lot of fidgeting to get your child secure. This wait gives them plenty of time to get upset while they wait. Luckily, the streamlined buckling system offered by the Bugaboo Donkey fixes this issue. The biggest flaw that comes with the product is the budget. While there is an undeniable increase in quality that comes with the stroller, the real question is whether or not this inherent quality is worth the hefty budget. Bluntly speaking, fifteen hundred dollars is just too much for many new parents to afford. But, if you see the product as an investment and expect that you will get proper usage out of it, then we recommend you buy it. Otherwise, select one of the much cheaper, but affordable, stroller brands. However, there are some other issues customers complained about besides the budget. For one thing, though it is slim, the Bugaboo Donkey also contains the right amount of heft and weight to it. People transporting the stroller to and from their cars will probably quickly notice this. Also, the stroller does not break down easily. Some customers could not operate the latch system for locking the stroller into and out of place. While this issue is not the most important thing to worry about, considering the high budget we think the latch system should operate correctly.
- Superior quality
- Long-lasting product
- Great handling
- Slim design
- Good strap system
- Incredibly expensive
- Slim, but bulky
- Too heavy for some people
- Confusing latch system
ConclusionIn the end, we recommend it correctly for situations that can get multiple uses out of it. Since the stroller comes with various customization settings, you can change it to fit your needs — whether that is more passengers or more space. This feature makes it easy to use throughout the year. For instance, families planning on having multiple children will get repeated uses out of it whereas a family with an only child will only use it for a few years before they need to sell it. While the quality and performance of the stroller are undeniable, we believe the expensive budget will dissuade a lot of customers. We hope this Bugaboo Donkey review helped you decide if the product fits your specific need. While this stroller undeniably falls on the more luxurious side of baby transportation, we think it provides such a spike in the performance that it is worth the expense — if you can afford it. Featured Image via Bugaboo
Last update on 2022-01-17 at 14:39 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API