Big Wheels For Kids ReviewsImage via flickr Big wheels are a great introduction to pedaling and riding a bike. They are fun and easy to use and your child will learn to keep their balance when they ride. You should shop for big wheels for kids in function of the age and size of your child. Here are a few options to consider.
How We Chose Our Top PicksWe have compared different big wheels and tricycles and assigned ratings to help you find the best option for your child. Here are some of the criteria we looked at:
Quality and durability.We selected quality products and looked for tricycles with a sturdy design.
We looked for big wheels and tricycles with designs that emphasize stability since this feature is important for your child’s safety.
Easy to maneuver
Your child can learn how to maneuver a bicycle by riding a tricycle that is easy to maneuver.
We looked at what parents think of different big wheels to recommend safe products that meet parents’ expectations.
Top 10 Big Wheels For KidsThese are some of the best big wheels for kids to consider for your child.
- LARGE 16” WHEEL: This chopper-style tricycle has a large 16” front tire. The performance grip tread prevents...
- ADJUSTABLE SEAT: The adjustable seat grows with your toddler to ensure years of fun. This outdoor toy is recommended for...
- CHROME DETAILS: The chrome handlebars add to the sleek design while the hand grips add comfort
- A tricked out trike with cool Harley Davidson styling
- Pedal powered – big foot pedals make it easy for little riders to get rolling
- Rugged, durable tires and stable wheel base
- This is a Classic version of the Original Big Wheel.
- No hand brake, to strings.
- You sit on the base and the back support can be moved back and forth in seconds.
- Stylized with your favorite characters. - Stickers to be applied during assembly
- Featuring a 15" font wheel, with a low center of gravity for security and control. Ride-On Dimensions: 20" W x 22.5" H x...
- Let the LED lights on the front wheel whirl as your drive. Requires 3 Button Cell Batteries (Included)
- The Original Big Wheel Spin Out Low-Riding Tricycle Racer - Orange Flames
- Iconic 16in. wheel and 3-position seat. Recommended for children 3-8 years of age up to 70lbs.
- Item arrives in frustration-free, easy-to-open packaging that’s 100% recyclable. For a gift-ready box, select “Ship...
- Sweet Barbie styling
- Secret storage compartment under the seat
- Two-position adjustable seat for growing kids!
- Removable pedal blocks for easy foot-to-pedal adjustment
- Easy-grip handlebars
- MADE FOR KIDS – Going from a push tricycle for infants to a full toddler tricycle suitable from 15 months to 3 year...
- MADE FOR PARENTS – Stroll and trike with ease using our effortless Touch Steering technology, and hand over...
- INCREASED SAFETY – This kids' tricycle ensures a worry and stress-free ride for all. Featuring a safety bar, an...
- Stylized with your favorite Disney Princess graphics. Stickers to be applied during assembly.
- Featuring an Extra-Wide 10" font wheel, it's designed for stability and maximum control.
- Includes push button on the handlebar that will activate cool sound affects!
- Where Downhill Meets Drift. Ages-14 and up. Maximum weight-198 pounds
- Steel trike style frame combined with Super Slider POM rear wheels
- Riders can power slide through corners, throw fish tails or fast 180s!
Your Guide To Choosing Big Wheels For KidsThere are a few things to keep in mind about safety features when comparing big wheels for kids.
When Is It Safe To Introduce A Big Wheel?Image via flickr It’s best to wait until your child turns three before introducing a big wheel or tricycle. Your child can play with a ride-on toy that doesn’t have pedals before that. There is a learning curve when you introduce a tricycle. Your child might not figure out how to use the pedals right away or might not know how to steer the big wheel. Your child will learn how to pedal and maneuver the big wheel as they gain more experience. Provide plenty of encouragement and make sure your child has a safe space where they can practice.
Safety TipsPay attention to the size and height of the big wheel. Choose a tricycle adapted to your child’s age and height. An adjustable seat is a must-have feature since your child needs to sit close enough to the handlebars to safely maneuver the tricycle. Stability is another important thing to look for. A tricycle will provide your child with stability thanks to the three-wheel design, but some big wheels are safer than others because your child sits closer to the ground. You should also look at the side and width of the wheels. Wide wheels will prevent your child from tipping over if they take a sharp turn. Your child should wear a helmet when riding on their big wheel. They should also wear protective knee and elbow pads when riding on hard surfaces. Make sure your child wears closed shoes that cover the feet and ankles to prevent injuries. If possible, your child should ride on a lawn or other soft surface. Concrete and asphalt aren’t ideal since your child could get hurt if they were to fall from their big wheel. You should also avoid areas with steep incline and rocks. You should always supervise a child who is riding a tricycle. If possible, your child should ride in a closed area. Keep in mind that your child will sit close to the ground if you get a big wheel. Drivers might not be able to spot your child, which is why it’s best to avoid riding in your driveway or on the street.
What To Look For In A Tricycle Or Big WheelMake sure your child can sit and reach the handlebars comfortably. The pedals should be large and comfortable so your child’s feet won’t slip. Look for a big wheel that is stable and easy to maneuver. It’s best to choose one that has a low center of gravity. Being close to the ground will reduce the risks of injuries if your child falls. Your child will love fun features such as bright colors, lights, sounds, or a basket to carry toys. Look for a tricycle with a lightweight design so your child can easily transport it. A lightweight design also means that your child won’t get hurt if they fall and get their leg trapped under the toy. It’s crucial to look at safety features when shopping for big wheels, but don’t forget that these toys should also be fun to use. Look for a tricycle your child will enjoy riding and pay attention to things such as seat height, wheel size, and stability.
Last update on 2021-04-22 at 18:50 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API